Troubleshooting on Linux¶
I can’t see any fancy symbols, what’s wrong?¶
- Make sure that you’ve configured gvim or your terminal emulator to use a patched font.
- You need to set your LANG and LC_* environment variables to a UTF-8 locale (e.g. LANG=en_US.utf8). Consult your Linux distro’s documentation for information about setting these variables correctly.
- Make sure that vim is compiled with the --with-features=big flag.
- If you’re using rxvt-unicode, make sure that it’s compiled with the --enable-unicode3 flag.
The fancy symbols look a bit blurry or “off”!¶
- Make sure that you have patched all variants of your font (i.e. both the regular and the bold font files).